Rights and responsibilities.
Terms last updated September 10, 2010
1. PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS
Unlimited Design Iterations Per Subscription Purchase: When you purchase a Home-Cost.com subscription to our on-line Resi-Cost application you may explore any number of different home design options for that project under the project zip-code in your account and we encourage you to do so.
Your Responsibilities Prior to Purchase: We provide descriptions of the service and examples of sample cost reports for Resi-Cost Lite and Resi-Cost Full Function / PRO so that you may have full knowledge of the functionality, options and cost report output before you purchase. You are responsible for becoming familiar with the functionality, program capabilities, cost output format and comprehensive design and material options available in Resi-Cost before you purchase. If you have any questions about the options available in Resi-Cost or any other questions about our services, please contact us via the contact form for clarification before purchase. In no case shall a refund be provided for completed estimates for reasons other than those provided as part of our Guarantee as described in Paragraph 6 herein. If for any reason you have significant concerns about Resi-Cost upon initiating use, do not complete the estimate but stop and contact us via the contact form explaining your concerns so that we may address them. Once an estimate is completed and an estimated home cost is calculated, then the service has been completed and refunds will only be granted as part of our Guarantee.
Specialty Construction: As described in the website, Resi-Cost estimates costs for home designs up to 2 stories above ground plus basement or crawlspace, attached or detached garages, and can accommodate a broad range of custom designs. Resi-Cost does not estimate 3-story above ground homes, flat roofs or garages built into the body of the home, out-buildings or special exterior structures such as secondary detached garages, covered walkways or drives, barns, colonnades, pools, etc. If you have questions about Resi-Cost's ability to estimate your home design, please ask us before purchase using the contact form.
2. RETENTION OF SESSION DATA
Your Resi-Cost Lite and Full Function session data (selections) are not considered available after your subscriptionÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s expiration and will be deleted from our secure server. The only exception to this is Resi-Cost PRO which for a fee, provides the ability to archive or store session data for later reactivation. If you opt to cancel a PRO project account subscription and not archive it, the project account will be deleted from our server.
3. LIMITED LICENSE/ COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW RESTRICTIONS
Except for public domain material, intellectual property laws including U.S. and International patent, trademark and copyright laws protect the content on this site and the products. When you purchase a Home-Cost.com product or service such as Resi-Cost or Resi-Spec, you are granted a non-exclusive license to use the material at this site ("Content") while connected to Home-Cost.com or as provided by Home-Cost.com. Except as expressly provided above, all rights are reserved by Home-Cost.com. Other than as required for the limited purpose of reviewing material on our site, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is prohibited.
Commercial use of any of the Content is strictly prohibited. Use of any of our trademarks as metatags on other web sites also is strictly prohibited. You may not display this website in frames (or any of the Content via in-line links) without our express written permission, which may be requested by contacting us at email@example.com You may however establish ordinary links to our site without our written permission.
We may provide links from our site to other sites as a convenience to our visitors. We have no control over linked sites and make no representations about any content or material available at these locations. Links are not intended to imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement unless explicitly stated.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS MAY BE OBTAINED BY USE OF THIS SITE OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED IN "GUARANTEE" BELOW. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN "GUARANTEE" THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHERWISE, OTHER THAN THOSE WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. NEITHER HOME-COST.COM NOR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY PROVIDING CONTENT VIA THIS SITE SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY REASON. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY LIABILITY IS IMPOSED ON HOME-COST.COM, HOME-COST.COM 'S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE HOME-COST.COM PRODUCT.
Resi-Cost 100% Money Back Guarantee
Home-Cost.com provides a 90-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee. To qualify you must do the following:
- Purchase a Resi-Cost Lite, Full Function or PRO project account.
- With the exception of Resi-Cost PRO accounts your home must be priced out with the use of a General Contractor. Projects constructed as an Owner-Builder are not eligible for the Money Back Guarantee because we cannot assume professional qualifications of the Owner-Builder.
- Develop detailed construction drawings of your home (including foundation plan, floor plans of all finished floors, front, back and 2 side elevations) consistent with the design and option selections made in your Resi-Cost account
- Bid the detailed construction drawings of your home to a minimum of 3 licensed general contractors. The dates of the construction bids must be within 90 calendar days of the Resi-Cost report. Take the range of the 3 bids and add 5% to the high bid and subtract 5% from the low bid.
We Guarantee that the construction cost developed by Resi-Cost will fall within that high-low range.
7. MAKING A CLAIM
To make a guarantee claim, submit full size copies to Home-Cost.com of the Resi-Cost report, construction drawings and full copies of the 3 dated, licensed contractor bids with scope descriptions for comparison to your Resi-Cost selections. It is recommended to send the material to Home-Cost.com via an "overnight" courier service to track delivery status and receipt date as opposed to general USPS. Once received, we will review the submitted information and issue a refund for Resi-Cost as described above if your claim complies with the required conditions. All submitted claim material is retained by Home-Cost.com and will not be returned.
8. MODIFICATIONS / TERMINATION
Home-Cost.com is hosted on servers located in the United States and is intended to be viewed by residents of the United States and Canada. In the event of any dispute arising out of or relating to this site, you agree that the exclusive venue for litigating disputes shall be in state or federal court in Detroit, Michigan