INSTANT™ provides a basic estimating tool that quickly and easily calculates costs with minimal effort. Although not as detailed and accurate as FULL FUNCTION, this estimator is simple and easy to use and is great for getting an idea of costs for different house plans or conceptual designs.
INSTANT™ is sold in either a “Standard” or “Unlimited” account type. “Standard” INSTANT accounts are our base product and cost $39.95 for a 6-month use period. They are limited to one zip code per account selected at time of purchase.
“Unlimited” INSTANT™ accounts allow zip codes to be changed on an unlimited basis. To buy an “Unlimited” account use the appropriate Coupon Code at time of purchase as follows:
- Enter the Coupon Code INSUNLOCK6 for a 6 month Unlimited account ($349.00 for 6 months) or,
- Enter the Coupon Code INSUNLOCK12 for a 12 month Unlimited account ($599.00 for 12 months)
Some features of our INSTANT™ product include:
- Costs for your location with 43,000+ zip codes in the US and Canada
- Access Home-Cost software from any internet connection
- See immediate What-If? cost impacts from changes to design & materials
You select the design choices having the greatest impact on construction cost such as house size, covered porch size, garage size, number of bathrooms, construction quality and structure type, and INSTANT™ does the rest. And with Instant you get over 70 lines of cost detail broken down by labor and materials.
With INSTANT™ you can select:
- Your project location from over 40,000 zip codes
- Simple radio button design choices
- Economy, Standard, Premium quality levels
- Over 80 pre-selected material options
- Slab, Crawlspace and Basement options
- Finished basement option
- Custom house area for 1st and 2nd floors
- Custom covered porch area
- Up to 5 full bathrooms
- Up to 5 half bathrooms
- Up to a 3 car garage
- Over 70 lines of detailed cost summary
Select Economy, Standard or Premium quality levels for each these home construction systems to get an estimate that reflects your quality expectations.
- Site Work
- Foundation (slab or crawlspace if used)
- Basement (if used)
- Exterior Shell (walls, roof, windows, doors)
- Special Spaces (kitchen and baths)
- Interior Construction
- Heating and Cooling
- Electrical System
- General Contracting
About Home-Cost INSTANT™
- INSTANT™ Cost-To-Build estimates include labor, material and sales tax.
- INSTANT™ provides estimates for single family, stick-built, detached, 1 story, 1½ story and 2 story homes with pitched roofs, up to a 3-car attached garage and located on a flat to gently sloping site. It does not estimate costs for Garage Homes where primary living area is above the garage.
- INSTANT™ is not applicable for highly custom home designs or specialty construction such as garage / apartment, townhouse, multi-family, hillside, flat roof, concrete walls, log cabin, home additions, and other designs inconsistent with single family 1 story, 1½ story and 2 story homes described above.
- INSTANT™ estimates assume the following design criteria: 8 foot basement ceiling height, 9 foot first floor ceiling height, 8 foot second floor ceiling height (if used), gable roof; 2 dormers, average roof pitch is 12:12, 1 to 2 covered porches, porch construction on foundations.
- INSTANT™ Cost-To-Build report provides approximately 70 lines of cost detail within the following home construction categories: Site Work, Foundations, Basement (if used), Exterior Shell, Special Spaces (Kitchen, Bathrooms, etc), Interior Construction, Elevators, Plumbing, Heating / AC, Electrical Systems, Appliances, Contractor Markup
- Simple, fast & easy
- Economy, Standard, Premium quality level options
- +70 lines of cost detail
- Labor and material price breakout
- Costs for 1, 1-1/2 and 2 story house designs
- Export report to Excel®
Over 40,000 zip codes
Locations all around the US and Canada to get the most accurate estimate.
- Costs for US and Canada